KENILWORTH INN APARTMENTS
Historic Tax Credit Project
National Historic Register
Local Historic Landmark, City of Asheville
Replacing the original Inn that was destroyed by fire in 1909, the Kenilworth Inn was built between 1913 and 1918. The wood framed structure is 6 stories tall and contains over 114,00 SF. Used during World War II as a US Army hospital, the Inn was later converted into a privately owned psychiatric facility. In 2005, the building was converted into 94 apartments and the expansive public areas were refurbished to their original condition. The construction coast was approximately $8,250,000.
Developer: Caledonia Partners, LLC